Important dive safety information
Important Information when booking your diving with GO WEST Diving, and later on diving with us.
- Needs to show proof of certification from an internationally recognized recreational diving Agency.
- You may be asked to show your logbook in addition to this.
- Everyone must sign the GO WEST Diving Waiver prior to any diving activities.
Junior Open Water Divers
- Junior Open Water divers between the ages of 10-15 must be accompanied by a certified parent or legal guardian in the water during diving.
- 10-14 year old Junior Open Water Divers are limited to 40 feet on all dives.
Junior Advanced Open Water Divers
- Junior Advanced Open Water divers must be accompanied by a certified parent or legal guardian in the water during diving.
- Junior Advanced Open Water Divers may dive to a maximum depth of 70 feet.
Our Welcome Dive Policy
- For safety reasons, all divers are required to do a welcome dive from shore prior to any boat diving.
- If the date of the last dive was 18 months to 5 years ago, a Refresher Course is required.
- If your last dive was 5-10 years ago, a scuba review course is required.
- If your last dive was over 10 years ago, an audit of a full Open Water certification course is required.
- You may be asked so show your logbook for verification.
- Exceptions to the above may be considered by management depending on recent diving history and level of certification.
Experience and Certification Courses
- All education requires the completion of a medical statement and may require clearance from a doctor.
- We recommend that all persons participating in an Experience Program and/or Certification Course(s) have Medical Clearance from a doctor prior to arrival.
Dive Site Schedule
- GO WEST Diving has a set weekly schedule for dive sites.
- We work hard to maintain our schedule. However there are factors that may prevent us from visiting specific sites.
- This may be because of weather, sea state, safety, Curacao Port Authority’s orders.
- We cannot guarantee availability at all dive sites.
Safety & Conservation of Our Marine Environment
- GO WEST Diving endorses safe diving practices and expects environmental conservation during all dives.
- GO WEST Diving provides one Divemaster for every 12 divers on our boats. Their primary concern is your safety and the environment. Please pay attention to their briefings.
- Make sure to complete a safety stop of three minutes at 15 ft/5 meters prior to surfacing from all dives.
- Solo Diving is not allowed under any circumstance(s).
- No Dive Gloves are allowed at any time on any dive.
- Zero Contact Rule in relation to the flora and fauna is in effect in all dives!!
- The use of Dive Surface Marker Buoys & Reels are required by Law for all shore diving on Curacao. If you do not have one, GO WEST Diving can provide them FREE OF CHARGE.