Curaçao unarguably offers great shore diving, but if you want to visit some of the very best dive sites on the island, you’ll want to get there by boat.
Go West Diving offers daily boat trips to sites that are hard to get to or impossible to reach from shore. The most well-known of these is Mushroom Forest. This expansive area of coral flats is named for the striking mushroom-shaped coral formations. This is one of the top dive sites in Curacao and one we often visit twice each week. Most life is found around the 40ft/12m to 50ft/14m mark where gigantic mountainous star coral formations are still evident and attract giant moray eels, porcupine fish, barracuda, and lobster.
The most northern dive site we visit, Watamula, is only 5 minutes away by boat. It offers spectacular healthy formations of hard corals, a soft coral garden and a large variety of marine life. You can find more information about all the sites by visiting our dive sites page.
You can also click here to download a copy of our Rates Flyer as a pdf Testing
Morning Boat Dives
The boats depart for a 2-tank dive at 8:30 am, and return +/- 12:30 pm.
|Day||First Dive||Second Dive|
|Sunday||Mushroom Forest||Red Bush City|
|Monday||Rediho||Elvin’s Plane Wreck|
|Thursday||Black Coral Garden||Watamula|
|Friday||Sponge Forest||Cave of Love|
|Saturday||Playa Hulu||Black Sand Wreck|
Afternoon Boat Dives
With a minimum of 4 people, the boats depart for a 1-tank dive @ 2:00 pm, and return +/- 4:00 pm.
|Day||Afternoon dive or snorkel|
|Sunday||Best…of the WEST!|
|Tuesday||Best…of the WEST!|
|Thursday||Best…of the WEST!|
|Friday||Elvin’s Plane Wreck|
“Best of the West” indicates we keep a flexible schedule and will decide what is best at the time based on the diver’s and dive staff’s preference in conjunction with weather and other factors. Dive sites in general are subject to change without notice.
We work hard to maintain our schedule, however, there are factors that may prevent us from visiting specific sites. This may be because of weather, sea state, safety, and Curacao Port Authority’s orders. We cannot guarantee availability at all dive sites.
- Hour-long dives with an in-water guide.
- Fresh cold drinking water with eco-friendly reusable cups.
- During our 2-tank boat dives we also offer pan dushi (sweet bread!) and fresh fruits.
- Emergency oxygen, first-aid and spare equipment on board.
These boat dive packages are for Certified Open Water divers or above, who have completed a complimentary shore dive at Go West.
- If the date of the last dive was 18 months to 5 years ago, a refresher may be required.
- If your last dive was 5 or more years ago, a Refresher is required.
- You may be asked to show your logbook for verification.
- Exceptions to the above may be considered by management depending on your recent diving history and your level of certification.